Want to be a part of Sea to Sea but unable to participate as a volunteer or bicyclist?
Sea to Sea has some specific needs that will reduce the cost of conducting the tour, reduce the workload on volunteers and help us minister to more people and communities. All cash donations will receive a tax deductible receipt based on your residence. Equipment donations will receive an in-kind gift letter where the donor will need to assign a value. The dollar amounts are based on what it would cost for Sea to Sea to rent or purchase the equipment.
Equipment Loans Needed
Items that we use and return after the tour.
- Two semi tractor sleeper cabs for 12 weeks in 2017 (estimated savings $15,000)
- One 53 foot enclosed trailer – it will be our gear trailer (estimated savings $15,000) (FULFILLED)
- One commercial kitchen trailer (estimated savings $50,000)
- Two 15 passenger vans (estimated savings $15,000) (1 FULFILLED)
- One travel trailer to act as the command center
- One ¾ ton truck (estimated savings $4,000)
- Pressure washer (estimated savings $5,000 – kitchen cleaning fee)
- 1 mini van for route marking. Mileage does not matter, in fact we like them older, but it has to be reliable and it may get some marking paint on the interior. (estimated savings $4,000)
Permanent Equipment Needed
Items that we will continue to use for future tours.
- One 20’ long 7’ high cargo trailer (estimated savings $7,000)
- 300 laundry baskets 1.5 bushel size in good condition (estimated savings $1,000)
- 4 10×20 pop up pavilions commercial grade (estimated savings $800 each)
- 4 Park brand bike repair stands (estimated savings $200 each)
- 4 each 4 bike, hitch mounted bike racks (estimated savings $200 each)
- Rolling tool cabinet for bike mechanic tools (estimated savings $500)
- E-Track for trailers (estimated savings $500)
- Shoring beams for E-track (estimated savings $100 each)
- 6 food service grade 6 foot high shelving racks (estimated savings $200 each)
- Honda EU7000 generator (estimated savings $4,000)
- Supplies to build a rolling water station (estimated savings $1,000)
- 4 portable shower stations (estimated savings $300 each)
- Small PA system (estimated savings $300)
- High intensity LED projector (estimated savings $400)
- 10 24 outlet Tripp Lite Power Strips (estimated savings $100 each)
- 100 Bungee cords (estimated savings $2 each)
- 6 fifty foot drinking water hoses (estimated savings $25 each)
- 10 GoPro cameras (estimated savings $400 each)
- Three Blackstone 36” griddles (estimated savings $300 each)
- Three CampChef three burner stoves (estimated savings $300 each)
- Four 96 gallon Toter brand rolling trash cans (estimated savings $70 each)
- 1 48” flat screen TV (estimated savings $300)
- 1 DVD player (estimated savings $50)
- Four automatic electronic defibrillators (AEDs) (estimated savings $500 each)
- Four 4 drawer vertical file cabinets (estimated savings $200 each)
Food & Supplies
- Cliff Bars – any flavor
- Cans of Gatorade powder – any flavor
- 600 bicycle inner tubes (estimated savings $4 each)
- 50 bicycle tires (estimated savings $50 each)
- 60 large spray cans marking chalk in fluorescent orange ($6 each)
- Fuel gift cards (estimated savings variable)
- Light bulbs for high intensity LED projector (estimated savings $40 each)
Services and Skills donations
- Join the Spiritual Health Team to assist in development of the 2017 Devotional (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Help wire the gear trailer for power & light so that it can take a direct plug in from either a campground, standard outlet or generator to provide lighting and charge tools, phones and computers when stationary. Also set up a mount for a computer screen to display daily updates and information to riders inside the trailer.
- Help wire 20 foot trailer for power & light in the same manner as the gear trailer.
- Carpentry/Plumbing to build a water station for 12 people.
Special Volunteers Needed
Before the Tour:
- Churches along the route to provide contacts to overnight locations (campgrounds and schools) and connections for local charities. The overnight location should have bathrooms and showers or an alternate nearby for showers like a fitness center or pool.
- Riders to recommend routes around major cities along the route.
- People to visit/call local churches across North America to share the mission of Sea to Sea and put up posters and pamphlets.
- People who have the equipment and skill to develop and implement a photo and video strategy during the tour
During the Tour:
- 2 minivan owners willing to add 10,000 miles to their vehicles for SAG, Shuttles and errands prefer that owners also volunteer.
- 3 motorhome owners who are willing to be rest stops with their motor homes (1 FULFILLED)
- Truck owners with ¾ ton vehicles to pull an 8,000 lb trailer
- Semi Truck Drivers prefer those who can do the entire 9 weeks and two drivers to take the trucks to the start and back from the finish. (1 FULFILLED)
- Volunteers interns, photographers and videographers with equipment to capture and distribute content
- Volunteers interns to post via Twitter and Facebook non stop content prior, during and immediately after the tours